the facts and tips about Peru we suggest you know before
making your trip to Peru. Exchange rates, health services,
security, embassies, customs, emergencies, medical
assistance... Peru is a friendly country, but, as anywhere
else, precautions are always important to take. Let's help
you to find out how you can visit...
|Summary: Colca canyon is the second deepest
canyon in our planet, double deep Grand Canyon of United
States. Is located in the middle of two highest volcanoes
Coropuna (6450m) and Ampato (6380m), this canyon is most
famous place to visit by the tourist from every where in
world, wonderful area to see the rich cultural remains,
comes from 1400 years ago, immense varieties of flora and
fauna, snow ranges, green valleys, old and colony town,
mighty rivers crossing the Andes, thousand of pre Inca
terraces, friendly and charm settlers live in this part of
|Intineray Day by Day:(B)= breakfast / (L)= lunch /
Day 1: Arequipa - Chivay - Yanque:
At 8am we pick you up from your hotel, driving on the left
side of Chachani mountain (6070m), continue going up to
4400m, is a Natural Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, is
the nature habitat for the Vicuñas.
In Patapampa Pass at 4900m, as well known as the volcanoes
viewpoint, you will have a briefing about the downhill
mountain biking. Downhill biking on the nice serpentine
payment road that takes 2 hours viewing nice landscape
through the small hills and springs.
From Chivay our car will transfer us to Yanque.
After lunch we go for a short nice trek that ends at the hot
springs close to the river.(1L, 1D).
Day 2: Yanque - Condor cross - Cabanaconde - Arequipa:
After an early breakfast we go by car to Condor Cross
viewpoint, at this place is possible to appreciate the fly
of Condors or sometimes seating on the big rocks around the
cliffs, two hours spending looking this amazing and biggest
bird in the world, also viewing many villages at the deep
part of this spectacular Canyon.
Then, we take again our mountain bikes and downhill on the
dirt road along the left side of this canyon. Nice downhill
through pre Inca terraces and mountainous rangeas well as
the picturesque town of Cabanaconde (3233m).
Lunch in this town before our private transport take us back
to Arequipa city. (1B, 1L)
• Private transport during the tour.
• Professional Speaking English guide.
• Mountain bike Equipment(Bicycles, Helmet and Gloves)
• 01 night accomodation in Yanque.
• first aid kit.
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch,
BL= Box Lunch, D=Dinner).
• Food not mentioned.
• Touristic ticket.
• Entrance to the hot spring.
* Aluminum Frame (Trek/GT/Bianchi/Cannondale). Different
size 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 inches
* Front Air Shock (Rock Shox – SR Suntour – RST 110mm
travel). Excellent for long tracks, downhill and climb in XC
* Disc Brakes (Shimano Deore). Stainless Steel/Aluminum. The
lock ring mounting system enhances precision and rigidity
while improving braking efficiency.
* Stem (Zoom 10 Degree). Oversized multifunctional
adjustable for downhill and XC.
* Headsets (Cane Creek). Integrated cartridge thread less
* Saddles (Specialized). Hybrid saddle with gel cover and
* Seatpost (Easton). Full Aluminum with AL-2014 head.
* Rim (Mavic). Light and strong for MTB, XC and adapted for
V-Brake and disc brake.
* Brake Levers (Shimano Deore Aluminum). For mechanical disc
brake, Very good and modulable, have grip-lever distance
* Shift Lever (Shimano Deore Aluminum). From 3 speed – Rear
* Hollowtech Crankset (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Bottom Bracket (Shimano Deore). 22mm diameter hollow pipe
billet spindle reduces weight, increases strength and
* Rear Derailleur (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Front Derailleur (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Rear Freehub (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Front Hub (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Speed Casette (Shimano Deore Steel). Computer designed
Hyperglide (9 speed). Fast and responsive indexed shifting
is the result.
* Chain (Shimano Super-narrow). 9-Speed construction.
* Front Tire (Specializex Kevlar 26x2.35). Excellent in all
* Rear Tire (Tioga Yellow Kirin 26x 2.30). Excellent for
downhill land XC.
* Pedals (Shimano). Clipless or platform pedals are
- Alcoholic drinks
- Breakfast or lunch
- Tips for guide and camp staff
- Sun glasses
- Cycling shoes
- Camel bag, can be hired in our local office in Arequipa
US$3 per day
Person 210 US$ . Minimum 2 people.
| Travel Information
tourism and travel information including facts, maps,
history, culture, transport and weather in Peru. Peru,
Transport in Peru, Weather, Travel Guides, Guidebooks,
Advice, Travel Information, Tips, Climate, History, Work,
Volunteering, Attractions, Entertainment, Shopping,