the facts and tips about Peru we suggest you know before
making your trip to Peru. Exchange rates, health services,
security, embassies, customs, emergencies, medical
assistance... Peru is a friendly country, but, as anywhere
else, precautions are always important to take. Let's help
you to find out how you can visit...
|Summary: Thrill to the unforgettable rush of a
downhill biking adventure along the winding slopes of El
Misti Volcano, long the symbol of the city and people of
Misti Volcano is perfectly located to practice mountain bike
tour all year, specially between December to April, this
season of year the mountain looks white and green and
mysterious cloud can be seeing resting on top of Misti
|Intineray Day by Day:(B)= breakfast / (L)= lunch /
We leave at 7am or 1pm, from our agency with all the bikes
and equipment on our private four wheel drive. Depart
Arequipa going up to 3400m. The trip takes an hour and half
by a dirt road. Up there we do a short trek on the slope of
this active volcano.
At 10am you will be given an explanation of the flora and
fauna of this area, a safety orientation regarding the gears
and brakes of our bikes, and the protective gear. You will
be given an explanation of the flora and fauna of this area,
a safety orientation regarding the gears and brakes of our
bikes, the protective gear, and a description of, good
technical support with the jeeps nearby. We enjoy this
spectacular ride all the way down and them cross country to
Chiguata village (3000m), nice place located on the right
side of the volcano surrounding by terraces. Riding our
bikes we enter the city to our office and end our adventure.
- Private 4x4 supporting vehicle whole trip
- English Speaking MT bike guide
- GT - Trek - Bianchi MT bikes in maintenance (full disc
- Gloves; windproof and full-finger glove which can also be
worn during the cold season or high altitudes
- Helmet; light ventilated and comfortable for your head
- Snack, plenty of drinking water, chocolates, fresh fruit
and energy bars
- Oxygen and first aid kit for all participants and our camp
- Repair Kit and new parts
- Biking tour include government taxes
- Our present for all participants
* Aluminum Frame (Trek/GT/Bianchi/Cannondale). Different
size 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 inches
* Front Air Shock (Rock Shox – SR Suntour – RST 110mm
travel). Excellent for long tracks, downhill and climb in XC
* Disc Brakes (Shimano Deore). Stainless Steel/Aluminum. The
lock ring mounting system enhances precision and rigidity
while improving braking efficiency.
* Stem (Zoom 10 Degree). Oversized multifunctional
adjustable for downhill and XC.
* Headsets (Cane Creek). Integrated cartridge thread less
* Saddles (Specialized). Hybrid saddle with gel cover and
* Seatpost (Easton). Full Aluminum with AL-2014 head.
* Rim (Mavic). Light and strong for MTB, XC and adapted for
V-Brake and disc brake.
* Brake Levers (Shimano Deore Aluminum). For mechanical disc
brake, Very good and modulable, have grip-lever distance
* Shift Lever (Shimano Deore Aluminum). From 3 speed – Rear
* Hollowtech Crankset (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Bottom Bracket (Shimano Deore). 22mm diameter hollow pipe
billet spindle reduces weight, increases strength and
* Rear Derailleur (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Front Derailleur (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Rear Freehub (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Front Hub (Shimano Deore Aluminum).
* Speed Casette (Shimano Deore Steel). Computer designed
Hyperglide (9 speed). Fast and responsive indexed shifting
is the result.
* Chain (Shimano Super-narrow). 9-Speed construction.
* Front Tire (Specializex Kevlar 26x2.35). Excellent in all
* Rear Tire (Tioga Yellow Kirin 26x 2.30). Excellent for
downhill land XC.
* Pedals (Shimano). Clipless or platform pedals are
- Alcoholic drinks
- Breakfast or lunch
- Tips for guide and camp staff
- Sun glasses
- Cycling shoes
- Camel bag, can be hired in our local office in Arequipa
US$3 per day
Rain Season: December to April. Some days are with blue sky.
Best Time for Cycle: On the rain season, why? the Misti
volcano is completely covered with snow and the slops are
cover with new vegetation making more nice for pictures.
Person 60 US$ . Minimum 2 people.
| Travel Information
tourism and travel information including facts, maps,
history, culture, transport and weather in Peru. Peru,
Transport in Peru, Weather, Travel Guides, Guidebooks,
Advice, Travel Information, Tips, Climate, History, Work,
Volunteering, Attractions, Entertainment, Shopping,